The more everyone finds out about Mitt Romney's finances, the more questions they have. Perhaps that's why he's hiding as much as he thinks he can get away with.
Today, The Boston Globe reported that Romney was still running Bain Capital two years after he claims he left the firm, directly contradicting his campaign's denial that he was involved in deals that led to layoffs, bankruptcies, and American jobs getting shipped overseas.
It's a pattern of secrecy, and this is just the latest example of him trying to hide the truth from voters. There are a number of issues in play right now -- and voters deserve answers:
- Mitt Romney refuses to release multiple years of taxes, ignoring decades of precedent.
- He won't disclose his "bundlers," the people raising millions for his campaign.
- He is the sole owner of a questionable shell corporation in Bermuda.
- Until recently, Romney kept cash in a Swiss bank account.
- According to The Boston Globe, he hasn't been honest about when he was running Bain Capital, even though legal documents refute his claims.
COMMENTARY: I think it's time that Willard Mitt Romney came clean with the American people about his past. Releasing one year's tax returns (2010 only) is not enough. I want to know more. I want to know his sources of income for the past five years. I want to know why he had that Swiss Bank account. Why does he have so many investments in foreign countries and refusing to provide details about those investments? I wrote about this in a previous blog post. Is Willard deliberately trying to avoid paying income taxes? God, I hope not. I want to know who his donors are, don't you? Now The Boston Globe is reporting that Willard was still running Bain Capital for two years longer than he claimed. We deserve a POTUS that is honest, don't you think?
Courtesy of Obama Biden 2012